Saturday, June 29, 2013

"The Hindsight of Cancer."

"As a survivor, I owe it to humanity to share everything 
I can to take any shred of power away from cancer. 
And yes, it's taken me a little while to find my voice, 
to find my vulnerability and to squash it, 
and to be free and able and willing
 and happy to talk about my own path, 
and how many of my own missteps can and should be avoided. 
But I found that voice. 
And I haven't shut-up since.




 And as far as when is a good time to do it... 

it is entirely up to the survivor. 
A month... 
a year... 
10 years...
 it doesn't matter, 
as long as you don't forget the hindsight of cancer.
 Because there is one... 
and it's imperative that it survives, too."





Go read the entire article here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dan-duffy/the-hindsight-of-cancer_b_3492301.html?utm_hp_ref=healthy-living


No comments: