Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Lights of Hope

Imagine seeing approximately 10,000 luminaries honoring people who have been touched by cancer.

It would be an emotional and rewarding experience, yes?



You have an opportunity to participate next month!

The 3rd annual Lights of Hope Ceremony in front of the U.S. Capitol will be held on September 10th. There will be approximately 10,000 luminaries shining that night all around the reflecting pool as part of the annual Leadership Summit and Lobby Day. Each of the luminaries has the name of someone who has been touched by cancer written on it. I encourage you to watch the slideshow here that hits on the highlights: http://acscan.org/events/view/event/2050

If you are unable to make it to DC for this, you can still donate. For just $10.00 you can honor someone. Their bag will shine in front of the U.S. Capitol. 

I can't make it to DC this year since I'll be just coming back from my next NYC oncology visit, but I really hope some of you are able to attend. I would LOVE to see your pictures and hear about the event. I attended an American Cancer Society event after my grand father passed away from lung cancer, and I can still remember how special it was. Although I can't attend, I will be donating in honor of a few special people!

If you would like to learn more about the event: http://acscan.org/events/view/event/2050

If you would like to donate: https://secure3.convio.net/acscan/site/Donation2?df_id=6788&6788.donation=form1




No comments: