Wednesday, January 9, 2013

On the Eve...

It's the eve of my 2 year Canverversary, and damnit, I'm sentimental.


  ...I don't know whether to cry....

or to laugh...

or do both at the same exact time.

Anyway, I was tucking little Gavin, my boyfriend's little boy, into bed tonight when he asked me, "Was your check-up good or bad?" I wasn't really expecting this question, but at the same time, it wasn't totally unexpected. You see, I've been dating my boyfriend since Gavin was 2. He's now 5 and very aware of the situation. Although we try to keep serious things away from him, he seems my scars, he has seen me in true pain, and he knows why sunscreen is so important. Right before Christmas he asked me why I wouldn't be there for the big holiday. He asked, "What if check-up isn't good?" Not knowing where he got that idea, or why he was even worried about it, I simply told him everything would be just fine.

And thank God, it was.

Still, tonight, when he randomly asked about my appointment, it reminded me just how much all of this matters to everyone around me. It makes a difference to the sweet little boy in my life. It matters to my family who have helped me become who I am today. It matters to the people who read this blog...

I know that statistically I am beating the odds, but I can promise you, I will try my hardest to continue to beat them. I can't promise you that I will beat the statistics, but I will try!

....Remember, today matters.

XO!

5 comments:

Titus 2 Thandi said...

What a sweet little boy! It' obvious his dad is a keeper too!

Rose ~ from Oz said...

Keep kicking back Chelsea, it matters to so many people who love you.
You're doing great - in so very many ways!!

Light Skinned Mother said...

Yes, you matter to SO many people. We know you will keep fighting. LOVE YOU!

Light Skinned Mother said...

You matter so much to SO many people. We know you will keep fighting. Love you, Chelsea!

RBS said...

very sweet. My Chelsea gave me 2 Bravelets for Christmas. one for the prostate cancer another for the Melanoma. those plus pics of the grandkids help me remember NEGU. (and just between you and me for a few more weeks, she's "with child" - her first. i agreed to let her share all the news. but this was one of those serious bucket list items for me. i"m a very happy daddy)