Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Casually Waiting

As I am patiently waiting to hear from The Wizard about the ultrasound on Friday and the need for the biopsy, I am also trying to figure out if I received the drug or the placebo. I have been in a bit of a funk...if overall grumpiness & irritability are side effects of Ipi, well, I got it! ;-) Unfortunately, I think the blues come from the melanoma diagnosis itself. 

So, how am I feeling? I actually feel OK. I feel achy like I have worked out too hard, and I feel sleepy. Yesterday I slept the majority of the day, but I desperately needed it. When I casually rolled out of bed at 4:30, I felt a tiny bit better. It amused me that I was tired again at 10:00 considering I had not been awake very long. Oh well. My body needed rest, so rest I did. My eyes have been itchy; however, it is allergy season so I am not trying to read into that. I have had a headache, but I am stressed...My skin has felt itchy, but it could also all be in my head. I want the drug, so I want the side effects. We will see what happens in the next few days. The Wizard said that most side effects hit younger people in about 10 days. We will see...........!

I know I should be anxious to talk to the doctor and get the biopsy, but I am not. I know that is wrong...but I have family coming into town next week, I want to enjoy them! I don't want to have to go to NYC and have a needle jammed into the side of my neck. I think I will wait a few days. If he has not called me before then, I will call him. I know I should not avoid it, but I want to...just for a little while.

I am not going to let myself sleep the day away. I still need to unpack, organize, and take care of some things that should have been done on Saturday when I got home. Once all of that is taken care of, if I need, I will nap! ;-)


Happy Tuesday!

No comments: