Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Quick Hello

I hope everyone had a safe & happy holiday weekend. I hope y'all wore your sunscreen! I headed over to Assateague Island Sunday evening for some downtime with my toes in the sand. It was 5:30 before I put my chair in the sand, but still, I was surrounded by people chilling under their umbrellas, wearing their finest large hats, and applying sunscreen like it was going out of style. I was SO impressed! Here I have been talking crap about people and their lack of sun safety, but it seems that people are more careful than what I feared. It was great to see.

I also got a chuckle out of three teenage boys. They arrived about 30 minutes after I did and set up camp right in front of me. At first I was annoyed because they had the whole beach to choose from, why did they have to sit on top of me? (This was after I had moved once already due to the obnoxious family of 15 who sat close enough to touch me...Remove yourself from my personal space, folks!)  Anyway, the three boys were obsessed with sunscreen. The one kid looked at his friend and said, "Does my chest look greasy?" The friend replied, "No." So, the boy added more sunscreen! I actually giggled out loud...and then pulled my hat down over my face to avoid eye contact... ;-) Not sure if he was trying to be sun safe or if he wanted the greasiness of the spray on sunscreen to make his muscles look more impressive....Either way, it put a smile on my face!

I am feeling pretty tired today. Instead of running around like Miss Social Butterfly, I stayed in my pajamas until 4 PM today. Can you believe it?! The last time I did that was following one of my surgeries! I needed a day of sitting still that did not involve being hooked up to an IV. It has been a bit boring, but lovely. As it is 8 PM now, I think I will curl up with my book & get ready for sweet dreams. Maybe tomorrow I will wake up rested!

No comments: