Thursday, August 25, 2011

Breaking News

I ate my first SOLID meal today in 13 days! No jello, no chicken broth, no "just fluid" diet. I actually ate! It was the best bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich I have ever had in my life. Thanks Dr. Mom! She has been absolutely wonderful these past two weeks. Now that I am eating again, I am starving. I was not trying to diet, but lordy, I have lost some weight. My eyes are so sunken in from being exhausted and dehydrated...I officially look like a sick girl.

As most of you know, we experienced a earthquake on Tuesday. I was sitting in the recliner, feeling like crap, when all of a sudden I felt something. The first time I assumed that they had shot off a rocket over at Wallops Island. The second time I started yelling for Mom to grab the picture hanging behind the flat screen TV. Very cool...but creepy.

NOW we are preparing for Hurricane Irene! We are located on the Delmarva Peninsula. Most TV channels leave our peninsula off the maps of Virginia, so here is a picture.


We are located on the peninsula on the right side of the map where it shows
"13." My house is about an hour and a half from Virginia Beach and 35 minutes
from Ocean City, Maryland.

They just said on The Weather Channel that Irene will be a category 2 when it hits the Delmarva Peninsula. They are calling for strong winds, extreme flooding, and loss of power. I normally ignore the panic that news channels try to make us feel, but there's no denying that we are in for quite a storm. Most of my family lives on Chincoteague Island, Virginia, which is about ten minutes from my house. They are all evacuating by Saturday. Please pray for their homes and boats. My father is a waterman and I know he has his hands full trying to prepare. We are all in a bit of a hurry to bring in our outside furniture, prepare the pools, etc.

An earthquake and a hurricane in one week? Mother Nature is not happy with us!

I hope everyone stays safe!

Once I get my strength back, I will be back to blogging more often. Thoughts & prayers to everyone who will be experiencing the unpredictable weather this weekend. Prepare!

3 comments:

Al said...

Wow...definitely take cover as it looks like you might get a direct hit. We're still debating whether or not to go to our schedulde vacation in Williamsburg this Sunday...might have to cancel...or at least postpone a day or so.

Good luck...and glad you're feeling better!

Chelsea said...

I would definitely consider waiting until Monday! Not just because of the weather, but traffic/repairs will be chaotic. Hampton Roads is a nightmare on any given day but during this type of situation? HORROR! I love Williamsburg though. So interesting & charming. I hope you have a great time!

Becca said...

So glad you're feeling better Chelsie. Aren't Moms the best? I have disagreements with mine but most times I don't know what I'd ever do without her. And I know I joke about the hurricane, just because I've lived in Florida all my life... but stay safe. If it snowed here, we'd all be like chickens with our heads cut off! LOL
By the way, that's the only thing on my bucket list, to see REAL SNOW some day!!