Friday, September 2, 2011

(WO)Man's Best Friend

I came across this article on CNN the other day that says there is new research that suggests that our furry friends may actually be able to smell cancer. The article caught my attention initially because I had recently watched an episode of The Big C where the neighbor's dog begins to stalk Cathy. When Cathy mentions how the dog keeps showing up in the most unusual places, the neighbor asks what type of cancer Cathy has. Caught off guard, Cathy tells her. Apparently Marleen's, the neighbor, husband had cancer and the dog became very attached to him.

I am not one to analyze studies... I read this report and just thought it was interesting. Like the study says, even if a dog can smell cancer, he obviously cannot talk to let us know what type of cancer, etc. Regardless, it gives me another reason to love my furry friend even more than I already do!

(The tie is the result of my sister's babysitting skills.)

4 comments:

Rich McDonald said...

Something tells me that's one spoiled dog. As they should be.

Unknown said...

Awww what a cutie pie, looks just like my baby girl :) & I kinda looked into it after watching that episode of The Big C, just because it piqued my curiousity! It doesn't surprise me at all though, animals seem to have some kind of 6th sense that we humans don't possess.
XoXo

Brittany said...

Wow! That is crazy! Dogs are amazing whether they can pick up on cancer or not. :)

Erin May said...

haha nice tie :) and a friend of mine said his parents dog wouldn't stop barking at his mole... I think they know stuff like that sometimes!