Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Countdown To The Plaza



One week from tonight I will be here:



 at The Plaza Hotel in New York City to speak at the annual Skin Cancer Foundation's Gala. 

One week, y'all!

Two days after that I go in for my latest set of CT scans and treatment. Are you surprised I've stopped sleeping? I'm a 5'5", 130 lbs ball of nervous energy. Speaking of being 130 pounds, I attended my first ever Zumba class. Technically it was a "just dance" class held at a Zumba studio, but whatever. It was 60 minutes of booty shaking, sweat inducing, giggle producing, and  overall awesome work-out. I highly recommend it.

Anyway, 5:30 rolls around quickly. I need to attempt to get more than a few hours of sleep tonight! 

**To all of you who prayed for my family friend: THANK YOU. Her surgery went well and the doctor has high hopes for her. Continued thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated for her as she heals and battles breast cancer.

5 comments:

Monica said...

I love love Zumba! its a great way to get cardio without feeling like your working out!

Unknown said...

I hope you get tons of sleep tonight and i'm sure you will do an amazing job talking! Let know how it goes :)

RBS said...

You are a ball of fire! We both get scan rsults next week. And you've got even more on your plate. I'm going to visit grand kids and work on a race car afterwards. I'll keep praying for you girl!

Rose ~ from Oz said...

Thank goodness the surgery went well for your family friend, and there will be lots of prayers for her journey ahead.

How exciting the Plaza no less!! Your presentation speech will be a smash and can't wait to hear all about it.

Thoughts will be with you for your Scan results Chelsea.

Martha Hokenson said...

Good luck Chelsea, you're going to do an amazing job!!