Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Kardashian's & Bruce Jenner

I know I have told you all before about my minor obsession with celebrity gossip. It's stupid, I know. Every once in a while I like to read the gossip. I signed up for Twitter years ago simply to see the tweets from celebs. It's ridiculous. Don't judge me.

Today's pointless celebrity bitching is regarding The Kardashian's. No matter where you look, you see the Kardashians. Weight loss products, SEARS clothing,  Kayne West's bed...Kardashians. I have to admire how they took a less than classy experience (beautiful Kim's sex tape) and turned that attention into world wide fame. They work hard for their money, really, and I'm not being sarcastic.  The topic today is their mixed signals when it comes to protecting their skin. If you watched Khloe's wedding episode, or read any gossip magazine during 2008, you would probably have heard that Khloe had skin cancer. In this interview, Khloe mentioned how scared she was and how it is important to be careful in the sun.  Apparently Khloe has had a change of heart.

Yesterday one of my melanoma friends directed my attention to this tweet:

Who’s going to the tanning convention in Nashville? Bruce will be there!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How disgusting! I am trying to find the words to express how disappointing this is- but there are none. Thanks for posting-

Melissa S. said...

Thank you for sharing this and raising even more awareness. 'gag' is right. I hate them now. I LOVED watching their show, I was scared when they were both diagnosed with skin cancer, and I hoped they would use it, as you said, to raise awareness and help raise some money for the cause. NOPE. The only money they care about is what goes into their pockets. It's sad. I pray none of them will have to sit in a chemo suite...they don't offer swarovski studded IV bags or Louis Vuitton brand hospital gowns. Just sick and sad.

Taylor said...

I totally agree with you 100% if obviously you have suffered from the disease whether it be major or minor wouldn't you want to protect the net person so they never have to go through any of it at all? I never knew Khloe had skin cancer or Bruce either..but I could tell you probably how she shaves her pubes...lol just from media but have never heard that. Promote the right thing girls!

Rose ~ from Oz said...

Appalling indeed Chelsea, my gooodness what world do they live in!?

Martha Hokenson said...

I have zero respect for any of the Kardashians. They're cheap and fame-hungry, and they refuse to display any sense of social responsibility, this just being the latest example. :( Such a shame, because I know legions of young girls look up to them and will copy their every move.

Anonymous said...

They've shown time and again not a single one of them has any common sense. If I was a skin cancer survivor with the pull they have I'd be spending my time raising awareness. Especially with the teen girls because they're the most impressionable ones and unfortunately a lot of them look up to the Kardashian girls. It's a shame too because since they act like cancer is no big deal, so will their fans.

Kait said...

Thank you for posting this! I agree--disgusting. I am recently finding out all of the consequences of using tanning beds--and all because your blog inspired me to get checked. You are amazing. XO