Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"I Won't Worry My Life Away...."



It's Travel Day for this melanoma diva. I woke up early because I could not sleep--anyone surprised?--and I have worked myself into a nice little panic. Now I remember why NYC is the perfect city for me: plenty of distractions!

Mr. Spots is still in bed, savoring his last few minutes of sleep, and I can't help but wonder who I am going to come back as. Am I going to be his same girlfriend, the girl who can live a halfway normal life again? Or am I going to have to tell him the scan was dirty? When he picks me up from the airport on Saturday, will we be celebrating or crying?


Damn you, melanoma.

I know that I am simply freaking myself out because the unknown is so darn scary, and I know that once Mr. Spots wakes up, and I really begin my travel day, I will be fine. I, apparently, do not need this much extra time on my hands....

Three of my molemates are also going for important appointments today. My heart and thoughts are with Shawnda, Diane & Jennifer. Love you, ladies. Let us kick some melanoma booty.

Now, we can go listen to Jazon Mraz on repeat. You know, in case you need some positive reinforcement this morning....(OK, maybe that is just me.)

"We will cure this dirty old disease
if you've got the poison I've got the remedy

the remedy is the experience. It is a dangerous liaison
I say the comedy is that its serious. Which is a strange enough new play on words
I say the tragedy is how you're gonna spend the rest of your nights with the light on
So shine the light on all of your friends because it all amounts to nothing in the end.

I won't worry my life away.
I won't worry my life away."


I will write to you from NYC!

3 comments:

Prayers for Jen said...

WE can do this....hugs my dear! CLEAR CLEAN, CLEAR... For all of us :-)

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your blog.. Good luck in NY...
You have made me aware of how serious Melanoma is I am going for a full body scan tomorrow. Being I have been a sun lover for years!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your blog.. Good luck in NY...
You have made me aware of how serious Melanoma is I am going for a full body scan tomorrow. Being I have been a sun lover for years!