Monday, May 7, 2012

A Kid's Reaction

The folks in Hotel Melanoma owe Mrs. Tan Mom. Because of her ridiculousness, we are receiving all kinds of publicity! I could not be more pleased especially considering it's Melanoma Monday!

As most of you know, there is a little 5 year old boy in my life named G. He is my boyfriend's pride and joy, and of course, he holds a special place in my heart. He knew that I had "been on TV" last week and he had been asking a lot of indirect questions about it. Saturday morning, when it was just the 2 of us, G asked if he could watch the interview. We curled up on the couch and began watching.

 G was witness to my healing process last year after my surgeries, and to this day, refers to the "hole" in my neck and shoulder (damage from full lymph node dissection) as my "boo boo." He was in a full discussion with me during the interview about how my "boo boo" still hurts and that he has to be careful with me.

 Then, mid-sentence, he yelled, "AHHHHHHHHHH!"



His reaction to the New Jersey Tan Mom could not have been more perfect had I written the script myself!

After G got over the initial shock, he looked up at me with disgust and said, "She painted her face with polish!"

I could not stop laughing. Even a 5 year old understands how scary she looks.

Thanks, Tan Mom, you scared the kid. I don't think he'll forget your face--or the need for sunscreen-- anytime soon!




(Speaking of laughing, did you see the SNL skit this weekend ?_

Oh, one last thing. I have started a little part-time job writing for Everyday Health. I would love if you could check out my FIRST published article! I am so excited! I am finally making a few dollars thanks to my expensive college degree!  http://www.everydayhealth.com/what-is-melanoma-a-survivors-opinion/what-is-melanoma-a-survivors-opinion.aspx

3 comments:

RBS said...

hey thanks for this tip ! Oldest son, most favorite DIL, and 2 grandkids live on Puget Sound (we had a fabulous visit last weekend - and our first in person conversations since i passed Go to stage IV) lots of sun there, very health conscious mom and dad - she's a neo-natal ICU nurse. This stuff is incredible. this is a great tip for all of us. i've been buying REI UV resistant clothing - I still love the sun, live on an acre, garden, hunt, hike, ski, shoot and going to Kenya to see son #2 in July - but this line of clothing looks even better than the REI stuff. thanks another great tip!

Katie Wilkes said...

I was thinking the same thing when I heard them talking about her on the radio this morning!! They were all up in arms because even Snooki thinks she's nuts.

Not So Newlyweds said...

This is just crazy!! This is the lady who WON'T get skin cancer...so sad. Congrats on being on HLN!! That was amazing!

Also, I switched blogs so I haven't been around. Excited to catch up!!
-Brittany (sweet, sassy, and oh so classy)