Sunday, September 16, 2012

Cinderella Did!

Hayes, 4: "Are you married?"
Me, 25: "No, not yet!"
Hayes, "Are you going to get married after the ball? 
Cinderella did."


That, my friends, is just one example of the hilarious conversations I had this weekend. Like I said in my previous post, I headed to Charlotte, NC, this weekend to stay with a fellow melanoma warrior and shop for the perfect dress for the big event in October. You know you have a special friendship with someone when you arrive at their house and their kids--who you have only briefly met for a few moments a year ago--run up to you and say, "Miss Chelsea! I want to be your prince!"  

Yes, my heart melted.

As a way to describe the need for a beautiful dress for The Skin Cancer Foundation's Gala, Anne told her children that I am going to a ball. They, ages 2 1/2 and 4, decided that Thomas would be my prince, their dogs would pull my carriage, and life would be fabulous. I loved them and their active imaginations!

Not only did we have success shopping, it was so great to have a full day to gossip and bond.  Seriously, I know I say it all the time, but it's so true: I hate this disease; however, I am so thankful for the beautiful people it has allowed me to meet. 

As for the dress................it's f-r-e-a-k-i-n-g fabulous.

Speaking of the event--NYC people, I need suggestions for an AWESOME hairstylist and make-up artist! HELP!
Sunday Social

Now on to something playful: Sunday Social

1)  5 items you can't live without on a daily basis(water, food, shelter, and clothes don't count) 
         * my phone. (I probably should be ashamed to admit that, but I'm not!) 
         * sunscreen. I start to feel really, really nervous in the sun without it.
         * toothpaste. I hate (and will focus on it) when my teeth feel dirty!
         * coffee. It's just better for everyone if I drink it.
         * comfy pajamas. Is a reason needed?


2) All time favorite book? Why?
      * I can't pick just one; however, Elizabeth Gilbert's books always cause me to think and question things in my life. I appreciate that. 

"So now I have started living my own life. 
Imperfect & clumsy as it may look,
 it is resembling me now, thoroughly." 
~Eat, Pray, Love.


3) Something you'd like to accomplish before the end of 2012
      * I would like to find a way to work with the school systems on promoting   sun safety. If only I knew someone... Oh, and I would like to tone my arms. Haha!

4) If you could go back and relive any year of your life which year would it be?
     * I am at a good place in my life right now. 2012 has been very good to me.

5) What do you wish people knew about you without you having to tell them?
     * No, I don't need a tan.

Happy Monday Eve, friends. I'm off to begin my last week of work at my current job! Big changes in the next week! 

*Side note, I'm sending love and so many thoughts and prayers to a lot of special people tonight...especially to a beautiful lady in Canada who is extremely special to our family. We're all behind you!


 
 "Every little thing gonna be all right."

3 comments:

Rhe Christine said...

Hello! I'm a new follower..found you on Unstitched today. I'm so glad I found your blog. I too am a virginia blogger. hope you have a great time at the "ball"! who knows, maybe you will find your prince ;)

Rhe Christine said...

plus, i'm trying to figure out a way I might be able to help you with the whole school system thing. hmmmmmm, where in VA are you? You can email me too!

missrhe81 at yahoo dot com

Jodi Whitted said...

I just found your blog as I was writing my post for tomorrow for the Me, Myself, and I link up party. I wanted to tell you that I love your blog and your message.

I'm pale and proud of it!!