Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Taste buds Gone Wacky!

Imagine this. You wake up in the morning, prepare your coffee and bagel, sit down to enjoy your breakfast, and when you take the first bite you realize you have made an onion bagel instead of your normal plain one. You throw out the onion bagel, check the packaging on the bagels, and see that it claims to be plain. Odd. They must have been a bad batch.

A few hours later, your Mom has made your favorite treat...chocolate chip cookies! As a girl who loves her cookies, you're thrilled with the idea of indulging. You bite into the cookie. Peanut butter! Why in the heck would Mom make peanut butter cookies! Peanut butter is on the dislike list right along with melanoma (OK, maybe I do not hate it that much...)

Again, hours later, you are enjoying lunch with your family. You question what kind of chips Mom put on the table to go with our sandwiches. "They are just plain." Well, why are they burning my tongue and tasting oddly similar to salt and vinegar?

Clearly my taste buds are confused.

I have done a little research, but I can't find any real proof that Ipi causes taste buds to go wacko; however, mine certainly have lost it. Although my lack of appetite will be a good dieting tool, I know I need to take care of my body. Eating is so boring when you can't truly taste what you are craving!

Besides the crazy taste buds, I have not been feeling so great the last two days. The best way to describe how I feel is to say it is like having the flu. My body aches. I get chills. My body is hot to touch, but no fever. (Even though it feels like I have one...Mom keeps making me check because to feel me, I feel like I do.) I am tired. I haven't gotten much sleep this weekend so I believe that could be responsible for my exhaustion. I took a long nap today and plan on resting all day tomorrow.

It has officially been 10 days since my first treatment. If I am going to see any symptoms, it is sometime around this time.

If you are friends with me on Facebook, you know that my personal life took a big hit this weekend. I don't feel ready to talk about it yet, but I am OK. Life is too short to be anything less than happy. I will remind myself of that often.

I hope everyone had a lovely Memorial Day weekend. I hope you remembered the reason for the holiday... and the sunscreen!

Solider Tribute

No comments: