Friday, January 20, 2012

Defying Gravity

My mom helped check off another item from my non-existent bucket list tonight: Seeing Wicked on Broadway!


I had heard from so many people that it was an amazing musical, but I had no idea just how amazing it would be. The cast was beautiful, beyond talented, and it all seemed so effortless to them. The people in charge of the special effects are just as talented. It really is Amazing. If you have the opportunity to go see it, please do. The Lion King & Chicago had nothing on Wicked. 
It  is that good.




My friend who threw the surprise party for me included the lyrics to a song from Wicked in the book that she made me which consisted of letters from a few of my molemates. I was completely unfamiliar with the song. Then today I received a comment regarding my scans from an old co-worker that said,  "I have a feeling that you'll be defying gravity today!"

I finally heard the song tonight. 

Wow.

So, as I go to bed, not knowing what tomorrow will bring, I will remember these words:

"I'm through accepting limits 'cause someone says they're so. 
Some things I cannot change

But till I try, I'll never know!
....It's time to try

Defying gravity
I think I'll try
Defying gravity
And you can't pull me down! "

~Wicked.


A special thank you to my mom and step dad. These past two days have been so special.

No comments: