Thursday, April 21, 2011

New York, New York...Again.

Well, it has been exactly 4 weeks since my last surgery. Guess what that means? It is time for more tests, talks, and decisions!

Mr. Spots asked me this morning if I am excited to get back to New York. I hesitated, he said, "I guess it is an old hat now, huh?" Exactlyyyyy. All 4 trips have left me battered and bruised, so I don't know how thrilled I am to see New York again. Maybe Mom and I will fit in some fun stuff, too. At least this time there are no hospital stays! Woo hoo!

Mom and I are heading up to Jersey City today. Thanks to her super-awesome-wonderful trip planning skills, she found a room in a 4-star hotel for about $300 less than the comfortable-but-nothing-special room. (How she got a room in an awesome hotel for $89.00, I am not sure. If you ever need to plan a trip, contact my momma!) I sure will miss the doorman kissing my cheek though!

Staying in Jersey City means we have a new adventure ahead of us...the subway.

I have done my fair share of traveling in my 24 years but I have never used the subway. This should get interesting! Thanks to my dear friend Melanoma & the City, we will hopefully not get too lost! ;-)

Well, off we go...I meet with The Wizard, my oncologist, tomorrow morning at 9:15.  I see Dr. Glinda, my surgeon, at 1 PM.

I wonder if their super handsome "fellows" will be attending these meetings... ;-)

Happy Thursday, friends.

2 comments:

Rachel Oxhorn said...

Have fun in NYC! I know you're not going for fun but hopefully you can squeeze in some fun city things in-between all the not-so-fun stuff. The subway is exciting, I still get lost sometimes :)

Chelsea said...

The subway WAS exciting! We got a little turned around trying to find the subway after leaving the Path but we made it! We did a trial run Thursday night just to make sure we could figure it out--and I might have wanted to go shopping--and it worked out perfectly. But goodness...talk about seeing some crazies! yikes! ;) Hope you're feeling OK this week.