Saturday, February 26, 2011

Today, I fell in love.

With a city!


I have been to New York before but I have never been able to spend enough time to see everything I wanted to see. Today I had more of an opportunity. Man, we had fun! It was great not to have anywhere to be, to be able to take our time, play tourist in Time's Square, visit the Financial District, and explore Chinatown & Soho.

Most importantly----there was no talk of cancer!

I thought I would share a few pictures with you.


The Sphere that stood in front of the World Trade Center.



The Universal Soldier




We were debating if we should go
see the Statue of Liberty...
the line was way too long!



Looking from Battery Park



The rebuilding of the World Trade Center
(I can still remember what it was like
when we visited a few months after September 11th.
Still, ten years later, everyone still becomes quiet
when they are in this area.
Sobering.)



We ran into a protest for Planned Parenthood.
(Reminder---I Stand with Planned Parenthood!)



Do your research...it's a good thing!





After exploring the Financial District, we decided to
stroll down to Soho.
I totally could live here.
This is the bakery made famous by Sex & the City.




New York Pizza?
THE BEST.
Happy girl!
 

And we ended the day in Times Square!


It was SUCH a fun day.


Ask me tomorrow how well I feel...
we walked A LOT!!! ;-)







No comments: