Wednesday, March 23, 2011

*Just Say a Little Prayer...*

As I have mentioned before I have never been an overly religious person. However, I am learning things about myself and what I believe in...


Nothing like a crisis to teach you a few lessons, right?


My friend posted this prayer on a website and I wanted to share it with others before heading to New York today to face my next adventure: the surgery.





A Prayer to St. Peregrine for One Suffering from Cancer

Dear St. Peregrine, I need your help. I feel so uncertain of my life right now.
This serious illness makes me long for a sign of God's love.
Help me to imitate your enduring faith when you faced the ugliness of cancer and surgery.
Allow me to trust the Lord the way you did in this moment of distress.

I want to be cured, but right now I ask God for the strength to bear the cross in my life.
I seek the power to proclaim God's presence in my life despite the hardship,
anguish and fear I now experience.

O Glorious St. Peregrine, be an inspiration to me and petitioner of those needed
graces from our loving Father. Amen.




*Thanks to Melanoma & the City for sharing this. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

St Peregrine's Oratory is directly opposite me. I regularly go in to light a candle and for some peace and quiet and away from the MM