Friday, February 25, 2011

Comforting Words

I have never been an overly religious person. Don't get me wrong, I believe there is a God. I believe there has to be something greater than humans. That's about all I am certain about. Maybe it is my lack of knowledge that prevents me from fully committing to my beliefs. However, in the last month I have clung to any type of religion...

Prior to my surgery, a stranger to me, a special friend to my Step-mom drove to her out of town church in order to send me Holy Water. People have sent me scriptures. Dr. Pink asked to pray with me. Anything that could possibly give me comfort, I take part in.

This morning I woke up to numerous good luck messages (you all are THE best!!!!) but there is one in particular I want to share with you.

My beautiful friend, also battling Melanoma, sent this to me:

Jeremiah 29:11
"I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." And she added..."And babies!"


That is what I will be thinking of this morning; The happy future I WILL have.

And, as always when I am nervous, I will be humming Mr. Marley's song..."singing' don't worry about a thing, 'cause every little thing gonna be alright."

No comments: