Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"The Salty Air, it Soothes Her Soul, Says it Makes Her Whole..."




There is one place where
I always feel
a true sense of peace...
The beach.


I am a water girl. I always have been, I aways will be. The only difference will be that I will be drenched in sunscreen...and big hats...I can't lose the bikinis. I know some people would say I am not protecting myself enough by chancing it, but I can't completely stop living my life. Although in a bikini, I will be covered in SPF, don't worry. And of course, I won't be out there for long.

Oh---and I will also harass you to wear your sunscreen. I promise.

On the one month anniversary of my surgery, my childhood best friend and I are heading to Assateague. It is only 40 degrees outside, but the relaxation we will experience will be worth the cold temperatures. I have not seen her yet, so it might be an emotional visit. What they say about childhood friends being special is true...I don't think anyone can understand you in quite the way as someone you grew up with. People change and go their separate ways; however, I have been lucky to keep in touch with E.

I am looking forward to sitting in the sand, staring out at the sea, clearing my head.

No comments: